Subject: Time-Lapse - General questions
» Edit

Feel free to ask Your questions.

Posted on 12/08/05 14:16:46
Author: Eddie Graham
Subject: Re: Time-Lapse - General questions
» Edit

Dear Neszt,

I love your animations, I have downloaded some for viewing. This is my second time visiting your site and emailing you. I make time lapse cloud animations too, see my website http://homeweb2.unifr.ch/grahame/pub/#clouds

I used mostly a Sony camcorder, with a Time Interval of 30 seconds. However, ideally I would like an interval of 10-15 seconds or less. Do you know a camera that has lower time intervals than 30 seconds? What camera and time interval do you use? Your animations look much smoother than mine.

take care and best wishes to Hungary,, I visited Budapest in 2003.

Eddie Graham

Posted on 14/08/05 23:54:20
Author: Neszt Tibor
Subject: Make methods
» Edit

At 14:16:46 12/08/05, Eddie Graham wrote:
Dear Neszt,

I used mostly a Sony camcorder, with a Time Interval of 30 seconds. However, ideally I would like an interval of 10-15 seconds or less. Do you know a camera that has lower time intervals than 30 seconds? What camera and time interval do you use? Your animations look much smoother than mine.

take care and best wishes to Hungary,, I visited Budapest in 2003.

Eddie Graham

Dear Eddie!

30 seconds is really much for clouds. Most of my movies is between 3 and 10 seconds capturing interval.

I use two methods making movies.

The first ( #0009-#0136 in the download section):

Mini Color camera 0.5 lux with composit output connected to my computer's vivo (Video in - Video out) graphics card. This case I use a free (open source) capturing software virtualdub. It is possible to configure the interval from 25 fps to 0.0001 fps with virtualdub, and the movie can be saved as avi on fly!

The second (#0137 - in the download section):

Canon Digital IXUS V2 connected to my comupter via usb. Canon includes the Remote capture software. I can capture frames with 1600x1200 pixels (2mp)! All the frame is saved and after all, I can make avi from these with virtualdub. It is much better quality, and I have 15 seconds exposure time. The remote capture works interval between 5 seconds and 1 hour. (Not so advantage...)

Feel free ask, If You have any questions.

Back

Post a reply to this topic

Name:
Email:
Subject: